Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My large (freezer top) model.wont cool to lees ...

My large (freezer top) model.won''t cool to lees than 12/42 top and bottom
can you tell me if you see any frost on back panel in freezer section? look real good you may have to move some food . let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Bryan . No frost also I have tried to un-plug it for an hour
ok check and make sure your coils are free of dust , also check and make sure condensor fan is running, that fan is in the rear of ref. on bottom next to compressor in back. remover bottom rear panel in back of ref. to check this. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi again .This box is less than 5 years old. It has no outside coils.The space where the coolant circles is very warm. I feel the fan biowing in the freezer top
the coils are probably under ref. . it has to have them. take panel off back of ref. thats if there is one and see if theres a fan underneath , some dont have fan if its small ref. if you get me model i can check other things. I have to go to work at 7:30 but will be back after lunch sometime , I'll try to answer before I leave. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK As I said no coils .The unit is "sealed"
GE Profile Arctica
It's a big(24 cf) box
ok let me check model. thanks Bryan
there are coils but they dont look like coils . its a round funny looking coil on right side botton back. its black. thats also where you condensor fan is located. go to and put in your model # XXXXX when it comes up look for select diagrams and scroll down pick diagram 11198409 and then open diagram in new window nad you will see what i'm talking about. see if fan in that coils is running , also brush off that round coil. if that doesnt work you may have a bad main control board , we replace alot of these for different reasons. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi. Yesterday I did accept one answer(7/22/08). While follow-up seemed very slow ,I thought that the payment was taken.I am happy with the answer . I will wait tll AM_EX post's the charge . If it dies not show I will hit the Accept again. Rest assured I feel that I got my $9.00 worth.and if you didn't get the money,you will
john a shavel