Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Upright Washer/Dryer Model # XXXXX I ...

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Upright Washer/Dryer Model # XXXXX I moved the unit to a new house. Now I am trying to hook up the washer and the lid will not shut. When you shut it, the lid pops back up. The dryer works but the washer doe not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
its probably lid switch hanging up. let me check model. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok , I'm back. you have a counter ballance type asm. on your washer more than likely this is whats hanging up or out of place . click on this link put in your model then go to sub components and click on top and lid then scroll down and you will see diagram of lid asm. click view full size on top and you will see asm. from there you'll know what to look for . probably the bar shifted in some way and wont close right. tahnk you for accepting and please leave feedback it helps rate our performance. if you need more help just ask. thanks again Bryan