Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag clothes dryer model LDE4914ACE stopped working ...

Customer Question

My Maytag clothes dryer model LDE4914ACE stopped working between loads last weekend. There is still power to the unit as the light inside the drum comes on when I open the door. The timer works and I have replaced the thermal fuse. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, do you have a meter? I think you have a power problem to the dryer. the light will still come on and timer can still work or at tick because it take 220 volts to run dryer. you say you replaced thermal fuse so we know thats not the problem, if you have a meter check voltage at machine. unplug machine and take cover off where the cord connects. you will see three terminals the center one is neutral and the outside ones are power plug dryer back in and test one side at a time you should get 110 volts on each side use center as ground. . if you get 110 to each let me know. we will try other options.thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thank you ,did you have a chance to check power? let me know , we will find problem if its not power problem. Thanks Bryan