Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire MFU20F3GW1 freezer was cool but not cold.

Frigidaire MFU20F3GW1 freezer was cool but not cold. Compressor and fans running fine. Food defrosting. no ice build up at all. Shut it down 2 days. Tested thermostat - good. Disconnected defrost timer loop. Restarted. Started running 30 seconds heard a click and shut down. Reconnected defrost loop, won''t restart. What should I do? Is it toast?
Hi this is Bryan. if you heard compressor come on and shut down after 30 secounds its probably a bad relay on the compressor, frigidaire freezer's blow relays all the time. I would replace relay and see if that works , if it does the same thing you have a bad compressor. sometimes it works sometimes not. the click definately makes it sound like relay. hope this helps Bryan . please press accept if your happy with answer, please leave feedback it helps rate our performance. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you think this is the problem with the freezing or just with getting the compressor to work again?
to me , and I've seen alot of these I think if you change relay it should take care of your problem, the relay has an overload in it and thats what you hear click.if you let it stand unplugged for awhile you say it starts again for a few seconds and then shuts off. sounds like relay to me. thank again Bryan
thank you very much , I think you will be ok with relay , thanks again Bryan