Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Select top loader washer, and I think the ...

Customer Question

I have a GE Select top loader washer, and I think the tumbler is off track. Can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me more info? what is it doing?what are you refering to when you say tumbler. do you mean tub/ let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe the tub, it's making a lot of noise. It still goes throught the wash cycles. The tub looks out of alignment.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok , is it banging around when it spins? there are four tub straps on top of tub that stablize tub they break all the time . (rubber) if you click on this link it will take you to site where you can look at parts. www.pcappliancerepair.com just enter your model # XXXXX you can search for diagrams on left side of screen. hope this helps , let me know I have to go to work for awhile but ill be back later. feedback is appreciated and helps rate our perfomance. if you could leave some it helps . anything else I can do just ask. Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it the tub damping strap
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes it is,they may be broken,check the site i left and pull up diagrams.They will show you in the diagramthe front straps,you can pop off the top with a screwdriver and be able to see if any straps are broken,thanks bryan