Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Model WDSR2080D5WW

Washer continues to fill and overflow no matter what you do.
Hi this is Bryan, when you shut machine off does water keep going in? if you unplug it does it stop? if not you need a new fill valve. they are electronic and sometimes get stuck open. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The machine continues to fill until I manually turn the control knob to where it should agitate. But it doesn't agitate, so to empty water I manually turn the control to the last cycle; then it empties.
ok ,you probably have lint and soap stuck in the tube that connects to water level control. the best way to check that is to remove hose from water level control and take a air compressor and blow hose out. you can do it by blowing into it but sometimes its realy hard to clear. the water level control is up in control panel take screws (4) along top of control panel and tip it down you will see a plastic hose connected to a round piece pull it off there and blow down into tub. try it and let me know. Bryan
thank you so much, I'm glad that worked out for you , best of luck Bryan