Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how do i disconnect the timer for the cycles of wash,

how do i disconnect the timer for the cycles of wash, i have a pav100, 2 spd, super capacity washer
Hi this is Bryan. let me check model. I dont know if you have enough numbers in model # do you just want to know how to remove timer? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have a maytag performa washer model# XXXXX   serial#10530879sd
I have the same one! anyway to remove timer you have to pull little white cap off top timer knob then remove little clip and pull the rest of timer knob asm. off dont lose any parts . teheres a spring/clip/dial/knob/and cap. then you will see two 5/16 screws take them out and the timer will come out through the back of panel. just pull plugs out and thats it. let me know what your problem is before replacing timer , whats going on with washer? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
brian this timer knob just screws off then there is a round cover behind it does that just pull out as well?
ok, my timer knob is different, no problem. is the cover your talking about have the arrow to set cycles by? if it does then that just pulls off. then you will see the screws to remove timer.Bryan