Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi I have a hotpoint bwd129 washer dryer and it wont ...

Customer Question

Hi I have a hotpoint bwd129 washer dryer and it wont go through a full cycle. it stops just at the end of the spin.it looks like all the water is draining away. i have removed all the hoses and there are no blockages in the pipes. i have also tried it without any washing in it but it still stops at the same part. there are two lights flashing when it stops. can you help please.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan , theres not enough numbers in model# XXXXX you check on machine and find full model#? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: hi bryan,
the model number is XXXXX bwd129 but i also have the serial number which is, NNN-NN-NNNN80332140905.
i hope this is the info you need as there is no more numbers on the machine.
thanks. davie.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok does this washer stop right before spinning or does it spin? if it doesnt spin at all you may have a bad lid switch. let me check model again and I'll be back. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
still cant pull up model, is this a top load? is it a stackable? cant look at it so i dont know what to check. let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: it definetly spins but i dont think it goes through the full spin. but when the fault happens you can turn the machine off then on and select spin and it goes through the full spin cycle ok.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you may have a bad timer, try waiting till it stops then just wiggle knob back and forth and see if it starts, dont push knob in just wiggle it, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
this machine is a front loader. iam from scotland so i dont know if this is why you cant pull up the model.it doesent have a timer switch only a variable temp button for washing or drying and a knob for the type of wash cycle you want. i.e. coloured or synthetics. do you mean to touch the wash cycle knob.
thanks davie.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

hey dave, this is Bryan , I dont realy know your machine so I'm going to opt. out and I already put in for a refund for you so someone else can help you, sorry to waste your time , I hope someone will pick up question soon. thanks again Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thanks for your help anyway.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hope you get it fixed. Bryan