Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

1 1/2 year old fridge started getting louder, now it sounds ...

Customer Question

1 1/2 year old fridge started getting louder, now it sounds like a motor tries to start then stops...this repeats several times. Fridge is working fine otherwise. Only a 21 cu. ft.fridge and don''t want to spend a fortune on a repair man if i''m just going to have to replace it......................
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is noise comming from back of ref. ? does it sound like the compressor is trying to start and then clicks off? let me know Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I have to step out for a few minutes, can you get me make and model# XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Seems to come from the top of the fridge. I'm not sure how to tell if the sound is coming from the compressor or not...thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
GE
gts22wcpcc
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok. let me check model. I'll be right back. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if sound seems to be comming from freezer section its probably you evaporator fan. its an ac/ d.c.volt fan. you can go to www.repairclinic.com and see fan.the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNon this site , hope this helps Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you go to www.pcappliancerepair.com you can bring up diagram of freezer section. this will show you fan asm. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your answer! I already hit the ACCEPT button on another screen...........This is my first time using "justanswer" so let me know if something went wrong..........
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
everything went fine thanks. if you need more help you can still ask me, feedback is appreciated and helps rate us, thanks again. Bryan