Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana regrigerator with an ice maker. The ice ...

I have an Amana regrigerator with an ice maker. The ice maker has been replaced but it still is doing the same thing it was before replacement. It may dump a few pieces of ice and then the next time it just lets watre flow into the ice bin and freezes as a solid sheet of ice. I was told it may be the water inlet valve. My question is where is the water inlet valve located. If it is a new ice maker apparently the water inlet valve is not part of the unit. How do I locate where this valve is? I am a woman short of money trying to fix it myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, I'll be glad to help. if you pull your ref. out away from wall you will see water line going to back of ref. take back cover of bottom in back and you will see where the water line connects to ref.. thats your water valve. shut water off to ref. and unscrew connector , there should be one or two 1/4" screws holding valve on ref. remove these and you can pull valve back out then there will be ,(depends on whether you have water in door) one or two plastic lines connected to it remove these and wires connected to valve and install new valve in reverse. fairly simple to do . this should take care of your problem.thanks for using just answer, Bryan, please press accept if my answer helps you, feedback is important it helps rate experts. thanks again Bryan