Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whrilpool super capacity 465. The stove will not ...

Customer Question

I have a Whrilpool super capacity 465. The stove will not ingnite when i turn it on. All it does is click for five seconds then it stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan. is it all of your burners. or just one? you are talking about top burners right? let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: All the burners on top of the stove work. It is the oven (area where you bake) that will not ignite. The burners ontop ignite just fine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok , can you give me full model #? i'll look up oven and get back to you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX   5, Whirlpool.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yoyr oven shows it has an ignitor for oven , thats what your problem is.. you can click on this link to find ignitor www.pcappliancerepair.com change the bottom one and it should work fine , thanks Bryan. feedback is appreciated and helps rate experts. please press accept if your happy with answer .thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I replaced the ignitor, the oven still makes that clicking noise, the oven does not ignite. Do you have any other advice?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well maybe the wire going to ignitor has a break in it. let me do some checking I'll be back in a little while. thanks Bryan