Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

maytag neptune sl-2 will not go into high speed spin

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me if door lock light is comming on? can you tell me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes the light is on. model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok . can you tell me what it does. does it spin slow all the way to end of cycle.? is it draining completly? if theres any water left in tub it wont spin correctly. check these things and let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: it does spin slow to the end as far as i know water is in the tub at the end
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your not draining, you have to take pump appart and see if there is something in it. sox or something , if theres nothing in pump you probably need a pump. if you have a meter you can check to make sure your getting power to pump in drain cycle. if you think i helped you please press accept , you can always come back and ask me more questions after anyway. thanks Bryan. p.s. feedback is appreciated and helps rate experts. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Ok it looks like the drum may be jurking around more than it should, it tries to go into the spin then it stops and shuts down
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok for some reason you are probably hiting out of ballance switch. that will shut machine down. you may have a broken piston on tub. if you click on this link you can look at diagrams of your machine and see parts. . hope this helps , let me know thanks Bryan