Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our Viking self-standing 4 burner with griddle stove/oven ...

Our Viking self-standing 4 burner with griddle stove/oven has this problem: whenever we turn on the oven there''s a strong gas odor. It also doesn''t seem to get to the correct temperature and takes a long time to cook food in the oven. The stovetop works fine and so does the broiler.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, you probably have a weak ignitor in oven , the ignitor can come on and glow orange but not be drawing enough amps to open valve correctly. changing ignitor will probably take care of problem, if it doesn't then you should call in a tech. gas valves or adjusting burners is something only a professional should repair please think about having someone come to diagnose. thanks Bryan, hope this helps
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is changing an ignitor relatively easy and something we could do ourselves? How would I go about doing this? Where would you suggest I get parts for the Viking?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes , Its not to bad. just remove bottom cover of oven inside below oven racks and you may see another cover over burner remove this too. then you will see ignitor . if you go to (just click this link) and you can find ignitor. I dont have your model# XXXXX I'm not sure which ignitor you need. but they should have it, if you need more help just ask.hope this helps you, If your happy with my answer please press accept , feedback is appreciated and helps rate our performance. please feel free to ask more questions if you need. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX we moved in our house the previous owners did not leave us a manuel for the Viking. Where do I find a model # XXXXX the stove?