Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Regrigerator Freezer door adjustments for ge 19 GE ...

Regrigerator: Freezer door adjustments for ge 19'' GE Profile. Seems to be no screw adjustments in hinge. Have even ''flipped'' the door seal...still gap at bottom of door near handle. Side seal is tight (fully compressed) at top, but fully uncompressed at bottom of side, and still gap..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hi, alot of ref. rely on shims .was door removed at all? Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Shims will not work...shims on to hinge top would only raise door, shims on bottom would move bottom out.....both would make it worse. There is also no shims to remove that would make it better. Yes door was removed to check for any screw/shim adjustments.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me model# ? I'll check for adjustments. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
TBX19PABLRBB
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
i'll try in morning to get you answer. had to take grandaughter to hospital, bee sting she's alergic , if you want I can opt. out and let someone else take question. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I had another expert give me another way to try and fix door. try unloosining inside door panel by lifting gasket there will be screws all the way around door loosen do not remove screws and bend door back into shape. be carefull not to crack inside liner. if you dont have to bend to much this may work. hope this does it . Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
have you had a chance to bend door? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will try in a few days, too hot and humid right now to try.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
okay if you think i've helped please press accept , you can still come back and ask me more advice later .thanks for using just answer. Bryan