Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool portable dishwasher

i have a whirlpool portable dishwasher, model dp840cwdb4. the pump seal is leaking. i have the pump off but can't seem to figure out how to remove the grinder and impeller to get to the seal. i've got a seal kit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me chack model. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

this pump and motor is similar to g.e. type , the best view i can find is at www.pcappliancerepair.com and i believe the very top plastic ring unscrews and most of the other pieces do too. if you go to site i gave you it might help. there are so many diffirent pumps that its hard to know how to remove without seeing. let me know if this helps. Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: THE PUMP DOES NOT COME APART IT IS PRESSED TOGETHER. UNFORTUNATELY LOOKING AT ANOTHER SCHEMATIC WON'T HELP IN REMOVING THE ACTUAL GRINDER AND IMPELLER. I WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHETHER THOSE ITEMS WERE PRESSED ON OR THREADED. AFTER ABOUT A 1/2 HOUR WE'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT EVERYTHING IS PRESSED ON, EXTREMELY TIGHT TOO. NEEDLESS TO SAY METAL PRY BARS AND PLASTIC PUMP HOUSINGS DON'T GO TOGETHER, SO A TRIP TO THE RECYCLING FACILITY IS THE NEXT COURSE OF ACTION. THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry I couldnt help you more , like i said pretty hard to figure out without seeing. the only thing is if they sell seal kit theres a way to put it in , I can search further if you like? i have to step out and do a job but I'll be back around 6 pm if you have more questions. thanks Bryan