Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Sears Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator, model ...

Customer Question

I have a Sears Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator, model #70832100, and it is making a clicking noise. The clicking sound comes and goes. Sometimes it clicks once an hour, and sometimes every 30 seconds. The sound is coming from underneath the frig, on the right hand side, and is near the front. I have cleaned/vacuumed underneath and behind. The water tray is dry (it usually is - is that normal too?). I''m just worried that it''s something electrical. Can you please advise?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I think you have a bad compressor relay, the tray should not be dry all the time but thats not causing clicking noise. is ref. cooling correctly? did this just start? if it did you may notice ref. starting to not be as cold. let me know bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: It seems to be cooling o.k. I'll check the temp controls and how cold it feels when I get home. The clicking started right when the really hot weather came about a month ago. Maybe that's why? If it is a bad compressor relay, what can be done? Thank you!

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there not to hard to replace, i can help with that, check one more thing when you get home, take cardboard of back of ref. and make sure your condensor fan next to compressor is running. that can cause relay failure. thanks Bryan. P.S feedback is important and appreciated. thanks again
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'll check and get back with you tomorrow - thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem thanks again Bryan