Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

18 wide dishwasher

its around 3 years old with the plastic like tub. It was leaking a small amount. Diagnosed it to the float little plastic shaft. I have the new part. Question is can I just slide new one down from the top (inside the tub)? Is there a seal of some sort built in?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
did you get entire asm. or just float ? its best to replace asm. let me know . p.s. can you give me part# XXXXX
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: part says electrolux   154209701   called a float.

Email me [email protected] and I can attach a picture of it.

I think that I have just the float. The leak is between tub and the float shaft.

I am wondering if I can just gently snap off old float and slide new one in from top.?

I have no idea if there is some sort of seal in the tub to keep the float shaft from leaking.?

This is the 18 wide dishwasher that is sold by several differnt companies - Maytag, Kenmore, and I think GE. Its the same insides and just different doors.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there is a seal between tub and float asm. , if you look underneath you will see a plastic nut on float asm. turn that counterclockwise and the asm. will loosen. but if you dont have complete asm. taking this off is pointless, you can see if maybe its vibrated loose a bit maybe thats all thats wrong with it. try tightning it a little, dont overtighten though,let me know , bryan