Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Track for bottom freezer drawer freezes from ...

Track for bottom freezer drawer freezes from condensation, etc and will not open fully or easily Model PDS22
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
check your door gaskets and make sure seal is good all the way around, make sure both doors are shutting tight you seem to be drawing in outside moisture. let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Believe the gaskets are OK. There is a time or so when someone does not shut the door tight.
The problem occurs when we defrost and clean the refrigerator and start it up when not dry and tracks freeze. Once we take a hammer to the rails and break the ice it stays OK until the next cleaning.
Thought ther might be some antifreeze type spray or something.
Thanks Jim
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi jim ,this is Bryan , are you having to clear sheet of ice from bottom of freezer section? if you are you have a clogged defrost drain line. if you take panel of rear of freezer section you will see more ice under coils , in the middle under coils is a drain hole that lets the water from defrost go down into pan under ref. use a hair dryer only for this! please dont use hammer on this if you hit coil with something you will ruin ref. get all the ice out until water goes down hole freely and that will take care of your problem.let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Bryan
No problem with drain pan and clogging, but will keep your advice in mind for that possible event in future.
Believe my problem is turning on refrigerator with drawer slides still wet from defrosting and cleaning. Believe that if I unplug, let drawer slides totally thaw and dry (possibly use hair dryer on slides) and restart refrigerator, that it would be OK. Wondered if there was something to put on the drawer slides that would be beneficial.
Jim
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I don't know, but maybe a little vaseline on drawer slides? I'm not sure if it freezes though , I know people have put it on gaskets to make them more plyable and seal better, put a little bit on and see if it freezes.I don't know what else to tell you. let me know bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.