Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how do I replace a water filter housing unit on a ...

how do I replace a water filter housing unit on a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator model # XXXXX
why do you need to replace, is it leaking? most of the time if its leaking all you have to change is filter itself.let me check your model and I'll be right back < Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes it is leaking; I have replaced the filter and it is still leaking. An appliance repairman indicated the housing needed to be replaced.
your water filter is in front on bottom grill part. its round with a knob or handle (round) turn counterclockwise and your filter will come out. if its just leaking more than likely all you have to change is filter , the rubber seals are on filter and thats what makes it leak. unless you see a crack in housing i would try filter first, if by chance you need to change housing there are screws in front holding it on. remove screws and pull filter housing out front.shut water off first. push in the round pieces on plastic hose and pull hoses out these are quick connects. push hoses into new housing all they way in and they will lock in. put housing back in and folter and your done. the handle on filter slides off once you have filter out. hope this helps Bryan
one more thing, i didn't get your reply before i answered first question sorry . if you go to you will see filter up close you will see gray ring where water lines connect those are the pieces you push in to release lines. just push in and pull lines out . not very hard to replace , thanks Bryan , if you are happy with my answer please press accept , feedback is always welcome and appreciated.