Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a frigidaire electric range. it is self cleaning ...

Customer Question

i have a frigidaire electric range. it is self cleaning .everything works. except the bake and broil function.what could be the problem. model# XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
what happens when you press bake or broil? have you self cleaned lately? let me chack model Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
nothing happens at all it shows on the read out.but the elements in the stove do not heat up. i tried the self clean function and the bottom element heats up red
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds like you have a door latch problem there are switches on door lock asm. that reset after it comes out of self clean. probably switch is bad. you can go to and look up parts . there are two switches on latch asm. on for self clean and one for bake / broil. you may have to replace asm. let me know Bryan. feedback is appreciated .thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i took the switch off and tested it . it was fine. i cleaned the termrminals with sand paper. reinstalled the switch. it,s working fine now thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
good job I'm glad you didnt have to spend much to fix , thanks again Bryan. feedback is always welcome and appreciated. thanks again