Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My icemaker is not working properly, it makes a few ice ...

My icemaker is not working properly, it makes a few ice cubes every hour or so?
sounds like your not getting enough water, check to make sure water inlet into ice maker isnt frozen in tube going into back of icemaker. let me know Bryan.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, yes that tube seems to be frozen, what next?
well you have to defrost it, take a hair dryer and point it at tube until it defrosts . it should work okay after that. hope this helps, if your happy with my answer please press accept button , feedback is always welcome and appreciated, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sounds logical enoughWink I will try it, approx. how long should I hold this dryer to the tube...... what causes this to happen, I have never has this problem before

hold dryer until it defrosts and tube is clear. its hard to say what causes it sometimes your water valve doesn't close completely and water drips in and freezes, you see water and freezing temps. don't mix. stupid setup anyway. sometimes after you defrost you wont have any problems for a long time, other times it happens again right away, watch for dripping water in tube. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your input....hopefully this will work, if not.....REPAIRMAN TIMECool
I think you will be alright. hope so anyway, remember feedback is helpful to all of us techs. thanks again good luck Bryan