Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a MAH4000aww Maytag washer that will not drain and ...

I have a MAH4000aww Maytag washer that will not drain and no longer spins.
It sounds like it tries to spin, but it just never gets going. The door will not lock will in operation. The tub of the washer stays full with water.
Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
I've had it for 2 years, bought second hand. I've asked a blog expert and need to confirm if the drain pump is what is wrong and if you can instruct me on how to repair/replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

this is a maytag neptune washer ,you may have a bad board and wax motor, this machine is famous for that. you say the door wont lock right? you say it also wont drain. in order for it to spin two things have to happen , one the door must lock second it must drain. usually door locks before it drains thats why you may need a board. first though I would check pump and see if its clogged . have you washed any rugs or comforters lately? the backing on rugs will come off and clog pump. same with comforters the inside comes out sometimes. to check board take screws out of back of head and pull head up and off look at board to see if you see any burnt diodes. if you do you need board and wax motor. wax motor locks door. let me know Bryan