Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Trio, made by LG. Model #795.75549401. A ...

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Trio, made by LG. Model #795.75549401. A sheet of ice accumulates at the bottom of the freezer and drains out the front of the freezer onto the floor. How can I stop this from happening?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds to me like you have clogged defrost drain. its in the freezer and when ref. goes to defrost cycle the water goes down bottom of freezer and down a drain hole to catch pan under ref. it then evaporates. you have to clear drain. to do this you have to remove back panel of freezer section and in the center under coils you have to clear ice and make sure it drains. you can use hair dryer or hot water to remove ice. hope this helps, Bryan, please press accept if your happy with answer. feedback is welcome and apprciated , thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I took a look at the drain pipe and did not see any ice. I did see some frost build up on the back of the freezer behind the icemaker though. Could this be part of the problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yeh it sure could , you may have a defrost problem . can you tell me is it alot of frost? did you take panel off back of freezer? were the coils realy frosted up if you did. look and see if icemaker tube has ice in it. you may be getting water over top of cup tube goes into before it reaches icemaker.let me know I'll keep helping.Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did take the panel off and there was not any ice o the coils. I will take a look at the icemaker tube for ice. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
okay got to go do a couple of jobs be back later. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
one of our other experts says check how old ref. is he said it may still be under warranty. thanks Bryan