Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Fisher & Paykel top load washer. Model ...

I have a Fisher & Paykel top load washer. Model: GWL10US I may have a clogged intake valve. Water is not filling the tank; although, the clothes are getting wet so some water is getting in. Are the intake valves (hot and cold) easy to remove? Could the problem be elsewhere? Also not agitating after I''ve put water in manually. The washer seems to drain and run through the spin cycles okay. I want to see if I can repair this myself, or is this a bad idea?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
have you tried checking to see if you have screens in your fill hoses? I dont know how many times i've gone on service call and found clogged screens.! check that first. let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: That is what I'm wanting to check. I'm reading in the Fisher & Paykel pamphlet to check the intake values (hot & cold). There are two hoses connected from the washer for hot & cold. I'm assuming that is where I need to disconnect the two hose to check for clogging. I have not been able to disconnect the hoses and didn't want to force it. First of all, am I in the right area?
Is there a particular tool that should be used?
Thanks, Suki
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
does it have threads where the fill hoses connect to washer in back? usually you can see part of the threads still showing. I cant find your model # XXXXX I'm pretty sure you can change hoses when needed so they must come off. can you get a pair of water pump pliers on hoses?