Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a new Maytag dryer (top lint trap). Lint only ...

I have a new Maytag dryer (top lint trap). Lint only accumulates on a small area on the bottom right of the lint trap. There is not much lint accumulating. Where is the lint going; is it a fire hazard?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how new is dryer? you should be collecting lint in filter , you may have a problem with lint getting by trap and into machine , that can be a fire hazard, if its realy new you may be under warrenty , the purpose of lint screen is to prevent lint from building up inside machine. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The machine is 2 months old. It was working fine. The person who hooked it up (family member) did not put a bracket on the back hose and it came off (dryer side). I had my someone else come in to hook the hose back up and for some reason they took the back panel of the dryer off. I wasn't home and I don't know why they did that. After that person left (daughter's boyfriend) the lint began accumulating in small amounts on the bottom right corner only. I had her boyfriend come back yesterday and take the back off and see what was going on. He said he didn't see a problem or see any lint. I'm afraid to use the dryer because I don't know where all the lint is. He said he didn't see it in the dryer and that it may be something to do with air flow. I don't know what to do now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I would run dryer and go ouside and feel to make sure its venting good it should be blowing good outside, I also woudnt mention to any warrenty people that he removed back if you have to call for service. they may try to say you voided warrenty by opening machine . let me know .Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The dryer and vent is located on the 2nd floor in the middle of the house. I don't even know where it ultimately leaves the house. I may just go ahead and call for service and not mention that the dryer has been opened. Thanks for your help.