Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool washer/dryer does not stop filling automaticall ...

Customer Question

my whirlpool washer/dryer does not automatically stop filling with water when it changes to wash cycle. its a Whirlpool M/N LTE6234DQO Type No. 118E... over/under...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its sounds like one of two things , you either have a bad water inlet valve or your fill tube that goes to water level control. does it start agitating and keep filling? if it does its probably your valve is sticking open. hope this helps Byran , feedback is always welcome. thanks again
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
did you get a chance to see my questions, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it starts agitating and keep filling (i don't understand what you mean by fill valve) because that whats the other technician said.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: yes it starts agitating and keep filling. i'm new to washing machines. the last technician said it might be my valve.. i appreciate all answers and thank you very much but what do i do, as an average joe?...if the valve is stuck open..
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

okay you wnat to start by telling me do you have to the water off at faucets to make water stop comming in? your water valve is electronic and its located right where you hook up warter hoses to machine on back . you may be able to take valve off through the back ( it depends on machine ) if there is screws holding a plate on back of machine where valve is you can take hoses off and remove screws and pull valve and plate out back , there will be a smaller hose held on by a small clamp and there will be four wires also. remove and replace with new valve. if there is no way of getting it out the back you may have to take washer top off. let me know.you can go to www.pcappliancerepair.com and look at parts . you need water inlet valve. hope this helps.thanks Bryan, p.s. feedback is welcome and apprciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hey bryan thanks for your expert advice i have taken that back off once I will catch this on the weekend ..and hopefully get it.. I live in Alaska and the nearest appliance store is three hundred miles away from here.. to get to the nearest city my roundtrip ticket would be over four hundered and fifty dollars by plane...i appreciate the help if i have more questions can i type again... thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
good luck ,if you need part you can order it through site I gave you, will take a lttle longer to get (couple of days) but will save you alot of money, thanks again, if you need more help just ask. Bryan