Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag Performa dryer (PYE 2300AYW) series stopped

My Maytag Performa dryer (PYE 2300AYW) series stopped 10 minutes into drying cycle. The top of the unit and at controls were so hot I could not touch them. The dryer will not turn back on after 24 hrs of cool down time. What is the problem here????
you have a blown thermal fuse its a high limit thermostat, it comes in a set , you can find it at just put in your model # XXXXX you can look it up ,this blows when dryer overheats , its a safety thermostat. hope this helps Bryan. feedback is appreciated .thanks again
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Is the thermostat expensive and can I replace it myself? Why did I overheat? Unit only 6yrs. old.
the reason it overheated is the control thermostat probably stuck on. that comes in the kit.if you go to the site I gave you its around $26.00 for kit.the thermostat is located on the side of heater you have to lift top and you will see heater asm. in back its on right side about half way down. it is hard to replace though. your machine may have overheated if your vent is clogged, check vent also. thanks and good luck Bryan P/S feedback is always appreciated
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You are awesome a1speedyappliance. Not sure I am mechanical enough to tackle this, but will try. I owe you more than $9.00

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need more help just ask, if your going to attempt yourself just leave question open and i'll help you through best I can. thanks again Bryan