Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore series 70(78712894-will not start i jump the ...

my kenmore series 70(78712894-will not start i jump the starter wires & the machine still does not start
Is this a dryer? havent look model up yet. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: kenmore dryerseries 70 model78712894

okay I looked it up, you probably have a bad thermal fuse. when you push button it does nothing at all right? its either that or a bad door switch. do you have a meter? let me know. Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no meter
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me where to find the thermal fuse to check it this sounds plausible

open back of machine and you will see blower housing its the small white thermostat on blower asm. it has two wires on it, you can test by putting the two wires together and pushing start button , be carefull not to touch wires on machine, (tape together) remember always unplug machine before working on it . go to www.repairclinic.com and put in your model# XXXXX you can see what part looks like. thanks Bryan P.S feedback is always appreciated

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
bryan
i jump the thermal fuse 2 blue wires-dryer "sounds" like it wants to start then nothing
can you turn your drum by hand? what kind of sound does it make? is it a loud buzz sound when you push start? Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it"growls " like it wants to start then nothing
the drum does spin by hand
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it reacts like a thermal fuse
wants to try to start then nothing
jumping wires makes "start up " growl
then nothing
you may have something in blower sox, ect,, either that or your motor is shot. if your motor is gone sometimes it can blow thermal fuse. you can check blower by removeing two screws on top in lint filter , then go in back take screws out of blower asm. thats the round part on left side of thermal fuse and remove cover to see if anythings stuck in it , thats all i can tell you. hope this helps . Bryan . feedback is always welcome thanks again.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
bryan i think i'll try a thermal fuse-cheap out
then ill try another avenue
tahnks for ur help
did you jump out thermal fuse ? if drum wont turn by hand i think you may have something stuck in blower, if you change thermal fuse it still might not start, dont want to see you waste money. let me know if theres anything else can do . thank you Bryan.