Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore trio that keeps needing a new overload ...

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore trio that keeps needing a new overload relay evry 5 to 6 months. What is causing this. I am unable to get Sears to honoe the warranty and check the refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds like your compressor is drawing to many amps. to start it, does it have the white relay? do you have any electrical problems in house ?. what is the voltage at your recepticle? how many amps is ref. drawing when trying to start comp.? if you have a meter see if you can test these things. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes i have a white relqy. the circuit is good. I can't test the amps
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you realy need to know if compressor is starting realy hard. who is putting relays in for you? sears is expensive. how old is ref.? those relays are junk. I replace alot of them. if ref. is not in warrenty anymore there are other relays you can use. let me know . Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I meant to ask you if your relay has a run capasitor connected to it , if it does it may be bad. something to think about. Bryan