Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE Profile fridge stpped working and ta the same time I ...

My GE Profile fridge stpped working and ta the same time I noticed a ticking sound every 5 seconds or so. Sounds like it is comoing from something on circuit board. It seems like it wants to start the compressor but can''t. Th edisplay shows -43 in freezer and -33 in fridge and does not work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan , your circuit board should be in the back of ref. , you will see a cover with three 1/4" screws . take screws out and you will see board, inspect for bad solder connections , I've seen that allot. it could also be relay on board either way you may have to replace board. can you give me model and serial? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hi Bryan, the model is PDS22MISABB and the serial # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
okay let me check model I'll get back to you, did you find the board? is the clicking comming from board? if it is you probably need a new board. Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bryan, it is coming from the board. It kind of makes a humming sound and click. Is there any other relay it could be before I change the board? Thanks,
Doug
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
probably not, I've done allot of these over the years and usually when board keeps clicking it needs replacing, I'm sorry. you can go to www.repairclinic.com and look at board I dont know if they are the cheapest but at least you can get # XXXXX compare. another site you can look is www.pcappliancerepair.com they have it also. if I helped you can accept. thanks again Bryan. p.s. feedback is appreciated thanks again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bryan, sorry to keep bugging you. Last question. There is a part called a Run Capacitor. It looks like a relay that starts the compressor. Can you assure me that this has nothing to do with my problem or can it be another posibility?? Thanks, Doug
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is there any noise from the compressor relay? its unusual on your ref. to be honest there is no way to be sure on line without seeing machine in person, I'm going on experience with your ref. if I had to give odds i would say 80-90% its your board, thats all I can do. thank you , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.