MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

I purchased a brand new Bosch Model SHX68M09UC dishwasher, ...

I purchased a brand new Bosch Model SHX68M09UC dishwasher, I installed it myself, I loaded it up and selected a regular wash cycle, the display panel indicated 135 min, next the black dash''s in the display panel filled in left to right and then it idicated that it was filling with water however no water actually entered the washer, next the time on the display panel changed to 199 and still no water entering the washer. I know I can get warranty repair however it''s the holiday weekend and if I''m just doing something wrong or if you can at least tell me what I can anticipate to see fixed by the repair person I would appreciate it. Thank you very much for your time.

It sounds like you have an issue with water getting to the machine. If the water supply is not turned on to the dishwasher, this issue will occur. Or on the other hand you may have a bad connection to the water valve or the water valve may be defective.

It sounds like all the controls are fine, but there is an issue with the water system.

1. The valve to the dishwasher is not turned on.(I've seen this enough, to say it to you)-no offense. Sometimes I scratch my head then, OH Man!

2. Bad connection to water valve.

3. Water valve defective.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about this. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: I should have clarified in my question that I have already ruled out the obvious, I did verify that the water supply is on, I actually installed a complete new stainless steel braided supply line and shutoff valve and thought that maybe I kinked it or something so I disconnected it at the diswaher and then turned the water on to verify flow through the new line, so yes I have verified I have water supply to the unit. I'm looking for somethiong much deeper than that, does it sound like a curcuit board? This unit is brand new and was used in a trade show display, he said there maybe a jumper installed to make just the lights work.

Well at this point, I would be investigating the wiring to the water valve. If the valve tests good then the control board may not be sending the voltage to the valve.

If the wiring looks good to the valve then the next step would be to ohm out the water valve. If that tests good then start the dishwasher and check for voltage to the valve.

If its not getting the voltage then the board may be the issue.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about this. I will be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Thanks Again for using!