Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Washer, Model WJSR2080T6AA, S/N TR964608G. The ...

I have a GE Washer, Model WJSR2080T6AA, S/N TR964608G. The washer when filled to the super level will over flow when the washer is aggitating. I installed the Bleach System Kit that replaces the hose to lower tub bleach / water level control connection. I also replaced the water level control switch. When I filled the tub to each setting and they matched the levels that the original control provided. When testing the operation of the washer after the parts installation there were no clothes in the washer, but the original reason for servicing the washer was that it overflowed with clothes in it. There is an adjustment on the control which I have not touched yet. Is there a specified demension of water hieght in the tub for each setting? The exsisting demensions when measured from the very bottom of the tub are 9", 12.25" & 16.75".
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me if outer tub is spinning when in aggitating? take front cover off machine to see. the other thing you should do is pull hose off water level control and blow through it (with air compressor is best) and make sure its clear, sometimes there is soapy crap that will get in pressure tube and clog it up, g.e. is famous for that. I just did one the other day, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I blew into and sucked on the tube 10 times, I was blowing bubbles and sucking water up the tube.It was free and clear. Next I filled the tub to each of the 3 levels and there was no change. Next I installed hose clamps @ either end of hose and tested again with no change.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The outter tube is not moving during aggitate.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the last e-mail I meant TUB not tube.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does it stop filling after its full in super level? did you take front off and check outer tub to see if its spinning in aggitate?, are you sure its still putting water in after it starts aggitating ? the thing with g.e. is that there is a trans. lock in aggitate that sometimes breaks and alows washer tub to spin when it aggitates causing water to rise over top of tub and spill over , we have to make sure this isnt whats causing your problem. some g.e washers have resirculating action that makes you think its still putting water in. you can take front cover off by putting screw driver under top about 2-3 " in from side , there are two clips to release and pull out on top of front cover,let me know if tub is spinning when in aggitate, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, The tub is spinning, if I hold the tub it stops. Is the fix to difficult or should I attempt, I'm a Tech Ed teacher. The spinning of the tub is causing a 3"-4" rise in the water level. What is the name of the part that I need?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it does stop filling on eachselected level.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well i'm a tech and I dont even do them , most times its best to just replace trans. but that would cost more than machines worth, unforunetly . best to purchase new machine I recomend buying whirlpool or roper which is made by whirlpool because they are the most reliable and are cheaper to fix when they have problem. hope this helps , you can press accept if it did. good luck, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.