MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

We have a ten-year old Kenmore top-freezer refrigerator ...

We have a ten-year old Kenmore top-freezer refrigerator (363.77572791) that leaks inside. Can you tell me how to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Is the water leaking on the top shelf in the fridge section?

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: The water seems to be leaking around or from the controls section on the inside back wall immediately below the freezer section. From there I guess it's running down the wall or through the center shelf support and dripping onto the glass shelf/cover above the vegetable drawers at the bottom
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like you have a plugged drain line in your freezer section. If the drain is plugged this will cause the water to run into the fridge section.

The best thing to do from this point is to remove the back wall of the freezer section. Behind there you will see the drain hole below the evaporator coils. There is a kit they sell at any appliance parts shop that is basically a can of compressed air. Just put the rubber tube from the can into the hole and blow out anything that is causing a blockage.

Make sure if your icemaker is not hooked up to water, that it is turned off. This will cause excess moisture in the freezer also. Inspect the door gaskets, make sure there is no rips or tears in it. This too will also cause excess moisture.

Most of the time this problem is caused by a plugged drain line. Give that a look.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks Again for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: Bill,

It seems like you might be mostly right. While I was waiting for a response I did clean out the drain at the back, just below the level of the freezer. It was "cruddy" In the last 1 1/2 hours there doesn't seem to be any accumulation in the bottom of the fridge. The only dripping now seems to be coming out of the top-freezer door which I'm guessing is part of the same problem. What do you think?