Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

whirlpool quiet partner III # (NNN) NNN-NNNNdoes not fill with ...

Customer Question

whirlpool quiet partner III # (NNN) NNN-NNNNdoes not fill with water, it heats up,but no water in the bottom to wash dishes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like you have a bad water inlet valve although it may be your float thats stuck. I'll look up your machine, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
model # XXXXX coming up. look inside machine on side and see if you can find model #.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Brian,
your right I sent the wrong number. The correct model # XXXXX XXXXX Serial # XXXXX Now to explain what it is and is not doing. I set the 2 hour delay and pot scruber, air dry. I went about cleaning the house vacuming. I went out to empty the dishwasher, well over 4 hours had gone by. I found the inside damp and steamy but the soap was still in the dispencer and the dishes were still dirty. I shut the door and pushed the pot scruber button and normally it would start right up filling with water. It started to pull water and stopped. It just sat and heated what water was in the bottom, but never started the wash. We left to watch fire works and even when we came home 3 hours later the dishes were still dirty and the dish washer was off. I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you
Pat
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
okay let me check model again Bryan,
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I'm begining to think you may have a bad thermister, thats a thermostat that tells machine water is hot enough and to go ahead and wash, can you run machine without water haet on? dont start in delay and let me know if it runs, the other thing that could be bad is control board, try what i said and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,
I have set it on the Crystalsetting and air dry and still nothing happens. If it is what you suspect is it an easy fix or would it be better to just get a new one. I don't know how old this one is , it was in the house when I bought it 2 years ago.

Pat
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
hard to say how old. sounds like the control board may have problem, I realy dont like all the electronics they are using in everything now. its hard to find the machines that have just timers anymore. you can go to www.repairclinic.com and look up board but can't be sure there isnt other problems with machine. hope I helped, if your happy press accept. thanks agian Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I guess I may better just get a new one or back to washing dishes by hand, better medation time anyway.

Thank you for your help.
Pat
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
anytime sorry I coudnt give you better news. thanks again Bryan, (feedback is welcome)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Bryan,
I tryed just one more time, I went to the braker box turned off the electric feed to that line and swithced it back on.
When I came back up stairs all the lights were blinking on the panel and it was going through some sort of process. It finnaly stoped on normal wash and air dry and started runing.
After it went through all the cycle the dishes were washed and clean.

I don't know why I decided to turn off the electric to it but like with my computer if it freezes up it has to reboot, I guess that also true with this washer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Thats great news, I should have mentioned to turn power off then on again but your problem didnt sound like that would help, it does have a board that is run by computer chip, maybe it locked up , hope you dont have anymore trouble from it, usually when we work on d/w or any other machine we shut power off at least once while we test. I hate all the electronics they use nowdays, its very hard to diagnose over the internet, sorry i missed that. thanks again Bryan , feedback is always appreciated, thanks again