The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Im trying to remove a wall air conditioner from

I''m trying to remove a wall air conditioner from it''s sleeve. It pulls out 1/2 way then stops. What could possibly be holding it? it appears to be held up by something near the center. I have no access from back or sides to see what''s holding it since this is on the second floor. Thanks, Mike
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Most likely there is somerthing that it is catching on where the window is pushing down on the sleeve.

What you can do is get a piece of thin cardboard and slip it in between the sleeve and the unit and then try to pull it out. The cardboard will have marks put into it where ever the unit is binding. Once you know where it is binding you can use a thin piece of metal to act as a shoe horn in reverse and allow you to pull it free.

If you have acces to a piece of sheet metal you can forego the cardboard and just insert it where you think it is binding.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The unit is at my son's condo and we won't be going back until Sunday. I will need to try your suggestion then. Will I be able to provide feedback after that?

Well in order for you to provide feedback you will have to accept my answer first. The system is kinda funny about those being in the right order you know. Wink

But Sunday will be fine for both.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

BTW I'll be here Sunday too. Just in case you have any trouble with it.