MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

My Kenmore gas dryer will start up ,the igniter will ignite ...

My Kenmore gas dryer will start up ,the igniter will ignite the flame . After about 3-4 mins. the flame will die out. If I shut the dryer down and come back after a few mins. the flame will flare up for 3-4 mins. again. I believe the heat sensor may be the problem, BUT I do not know what the sensor looks like are where it is located

I would be happy to help you out.

May I have the model # XXXXX your dryer?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
110 878 70100

I am going to say that it sounds like you have a plugged vent. Whether its on the outside of the dryer or the inside. If the air cannot escape the dryer, it will build up heat to quickly and shut the burner off. This is why clothes start to take forever to dry.

The best thing to check first with this type of problem are the vents. Start with the tube that the lint filter goes into. Remove the back of the dryer and pull the vent off where the blower wheel is. There are a series of screws around the cover. You will find that this is more than likely jammed up with all kinds of stuff.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

You problem sounds like a venting issue. On this model dryer, the blockage tends to be where the lint filter goes into the dryer. Cleaning this with a lint brush will not get the area you need to clean.

Again, take the back off the dryer, remove the piece the lint filter slides into and clean that out. You will see what I mean when you get that off.

Thanks again for using!