The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

why is my dishwasher leaving a deposit on my dishes

BOSH dishwasher ~8 years old. Cleaned regularly. Dishes look clean, but don''t feel it. Not sure if it is salt or general dirt or dishes not rinses properly. I am using the same tablet I have for a long time, still adding salt and rinseaid as before, so not sure what is wrong with it

HiCustomer

Try running a load without adding the salt and let me know if it makes a diffrence.

I'm thinking that you may have a heating coil going out and it is not melting the salt when the load runs.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: how do I run without the salt if the machine already has salt in it? Also, it seems to get quite hot and dries the dishes well still

Ok

I was misled by your adding salt statement. I thought you ment that you added salt to the load not the softener feature.

Another expert has suggested to me that you might try a product called "Dishwasher Magic". He is a salesman for major appliances and says that the product works well for the customers he has suggested it to.

Give this product a try. If itm does not solve your problem I will still be here to assist you further.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.