The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Maytag SE1000 stackable. Cycles malfunction. Shifts ...

Customer Question

Maytag SE1000 stackable. Cycles malfunction. Shifts to "pause" or "lidlock" at inappropriate times. Pushing "P" button returns back to "pause" mode immediately in 9 out of 10 trys. "Regular" cycle freezes between wash, rinse & spin cycles. Overfills when set on small load.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

This sounds like a controller/ timer problem.

I will need the model number from the manufacturers sticker if you would, please.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: Would that be on the back of the washer ?
Yes it could be there Im really not certain. It is aproxamatly 1 1/2" by 3" and has the manufacturers name and other information on it. It may be under the washer lid.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: Unit full of water - can't move it. Dryer tag says    Maytag SE1000 - series 6.

I'm sorry but that is only the series number and not the model number.

What you can do is use a bucket or a pot and bale the water out of the unit to move it. I know it is a pain but I do not want to give you an incorrect assessment of your problem.

Thank you for understanding

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am looking at all the information that came with the unit. It says Maytag Model SE1000. What other number for "Model Number" could there be ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
???

I appologise for the delay but I am having difficulty locating the proper manual for your unit. I am having to go through all of my Maytag manuals to locate the one for your unit. With only the information you have provided it is a manual by manual search for the correct one. I do know that I have it but it is just goingf to takke some time to find it.

Please bear with me.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: There seems to be manuals for sale online for that model number. It is the only one I can locate on the unit.

Yes I have found these also. I have the same manual but just havnt found it yet. I have over 500 manuals for Maytag and related brands and it is just a time consuming task to find the "stackable" manual.

Rest assured I am looking for the manual but I also have other customers that I am helping also.

Its that darn four letter word that keeps slowing me down. TIME.

Do me a favor and look just on the back of the consol and see if the tag might be located there. That is where it is on the unit I own. Maybe well get lucky.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
tried the back - just some warning stickers. Washer door slides open put also lifts up - nothing there either. Only id plate I can find is on the attached dryer - inside of the door.

Ok I Think I have found the manual for your unit. It should be real close if anything.

Go here and download the file.

Let me know if this is the same unit you have.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is not the unit. Please cancel my request.