Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag heavy duty extra capacity two-speed top ...

Customer Question

I have a Maytag heavy duty extra capacity two-speed top load washer (model 4883 series 10)? that is at least 9 years old. I love it. Today as it filled with water, it began to leak out the bottom front onto the floor. Previously, the seal in the compartment where the liquid bleach goes must have gone bad because when used, the liquid would just flow through to the floor. Can the leaking be fixed relatively easily with new seals of some sort?       How can it be fixed and by whom? Should it be fixed or is it time for a new washer? (It''s not a good time for a new washer.)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, I believe you can take the front off that machine remove the two screws at bottom of front panel . and pull out from bottom and the top will come out. look and see where leak is and let me know, Brayn