MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

I have a Whirlpool side by side fridge/freezer that acts as ...

I have a Whirlpool side by side fridge/freezer that acts as if it is getting no power. It was moved this morning while a countertop was being installed and now won''t power on. Any ideas? We have checked the outlet and it works and we have plugged the fridge into another outlet with no luck.

It is more than likely the cord may have been damaged. This is a common issue when moving fridges in general. All the time I see where the cord was run over and it is broken inside or cut. Carefully inspect the cord. Look for anything out of the ordinary. Cuts, dents, bare wires.

Let me know how you make out. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is there anything I can do in the meantime? It's a holiday weekend coming up. Is the cord self-replaceable?

You can replace the cord yourself. Honestly pretty much anything with the same gauge cord can be used. In a case like this, if the replacement cord for this machine isn't available, repair the cord. Get some butt connectors from the hardware store, cut the cord and splice the wires. Cover the repair with some electrical tape and you will be good to go. That is the easiest and cheapest way to fix the cord.

This way is safe also and won't hurt the machine in anyway.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks Again,

Bill