Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a kenmore refrigerator, model 253.71842110C, ...

I have a kenmore refrigerator, model 253.71842110C, (R134A) - it is leaking ? water from the bottom. We have checked the ice maker & the connection is fine. It has been very, very humid, so we think it is condensation. We thought the drip pans were probably full, but it turns out there are no drip pans. What can we do to solve this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

There should be a pan under the machine that collects water when the machine goes into defrost. It often is dry because the motor causes it to evaporate quickly.

Water inside is usually caused by the drain hose to the pan underneath becoming clogged. It can ice up or be clogged with debris.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
where do I find the drain hose so I can unclog it?

The drain hose will start behind the back wall inside the freezer and go down to the drain pan (part number 26 below) -

You can start with a turkey baster filled with hot water from the top and see if it drains all the way to the bottom pan. If it doesn't you wait a minute and pull back the water and replace it with more hot water. You keep doing this until you have the drain hose clear and water flows to the pan all the way. In some cases you may have to find a small plastic tube to push thru (if there is debris there).