MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Kenmore gas wall oven model #278-3118890. after setting ...

Customer Question

Kenmore gas wall oven model #278-3118890. after setting temp on bake or selecting broil hi or lo the display will show "on" and then start beeping with error code F1. This was intermittent for a year or so but now happens every time. I checked with sears parts direst and most ele. parts are no longer available!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but the error code you are receiving is for a defective clock/control. If turning off the breaker to the oven and turning it back on does not reset the control, it needs replaced. If the parts are no longer available than that's even worse.

This is a general code for control failure. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for using!