MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

i have a front load whirlpool washer duet.model

i have a front load whirlpool washer duet.model ghw9150pw1.it wont spin out the water.we have to take a shop vac to the drain hose then it will finish load
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Can I get the model number to your Washer?

Can you here the drain pump running when the machine is trying to spin?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: ghw9150pw1
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no respone
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

When the machine is at the end of the cycle and it is trying to drain, you should hear the drain pump running.

There may be a restriction in the coin trap that will not allow the water to drain. To check this use the diagram below. Number 14 is on the front lower panel of your machine. Twist out this plug and inspect the insides of the screen in there. This should stop most everything from getting to the pump and causing damage.

The machine will not spin if there is water left in the tub. This is to protect the motor.

Check out the coin trap and we can go from there.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Here you go, this is the diagram.

Thanks,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: i dont have a number 14 on the front that i can see
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Your machine may not have the access hole on the front panel. To get to the pump itself, it has the twist off on the front of it, there are three screws on the bottom of the front panel. Remove those screws and pull the bottom of the panel out first then the top will release. In there you will see the number 14.

Let me know how you make out and we can go from there.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: do i have to take the back panel off to get to the pump
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Nope you can access the pump from the front of the machine. On the diagram below, remove number 5 and you will see the pump from behind that panel.

There are 3 screws that hold the front panel on. The screw are on the bottom of the panel.

Give that a look and let me know how you make out.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: yes i found the clogged filter.we are running it threw the cycle.i think that was it .i will pay if it works.give me about a half hour.thank you.if you ever need car repair answers just e mail me retired now from back surgerys but still like to help people.
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Good Job! That is the main reason I am an expert on this site. I enjoy helping people. This helps you save money on the repair and we make a little extra money for helping out. Works out for everyone.

Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience