Edward
Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex
3134513

my maytag washer makes a really loud noise while it spins...

No Comment Added

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. This is a common problem caused when the bearings in the tub need replacing. The seals will often leak and cause the bearings to go bad. This will cause the washer to make a horrible noise when the washer goes into spin. If it is an older washer most will reccomend that the washer be replaced. The repair is very difficult and expensive. I would not reccomend that repair be done as a do it yourself project since the washer has to be almost completely disassembled to replace the seals and bearings. Sorry to say if the washer is not leaking now it will start leaking soon.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The washer is only 4 years old..about how much would it cost to have this fixed?
What is the model number of the washer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
pav3240aww

The Hub seal & bearing kit can be purchased for about $55 but the labor is the killer. You can expect it to cost anywhere from $250 to $350 for the labor, depending on who does the repair. This is a common problem with the Maytag washer. After it is repaired you can expect to need the same thing in 3 or 4 years. This is a very labor intensive repair. It requires almost a complete disassembly and reassembly.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Edward for your time and Me being a single woman I did not have a clue as to what was happening and never would have thought it would cost that much..Thank you for the heads up..I very much appreciate you helping me

Kristine

Thank you for the accept. Sorry I did not have better news. Maytag dependability is not what it used to be. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward