Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

kenmore 665.13824k601 dish washer will not work clean light ...

Customer Question

kenmore 665.13824k601 dish washer will not work clean light blinks 7 tmes pauses then repeats I pushed cancel button and it pumped out then the clean light did the same thing. thanks Bill Smith
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This machine was made by Whirlpool and the flashing clean light is a common error code for them.

If the clean light is the one flashing then your dishawasher could have a heater circuit problem (depending on the age) or this could simply just be water colder than it is used to getting.

Repeatedly press the Heated Dry and Hi-Temp Wash(scrub) which ever yours has untill all the LED lights come on, press cancel twice and try the dishwasher again making sure to run the water at the kitchen sink till it is hot before starting the dishwasher, if this trips and locks you have a problem with the heating element, or temp sensor.

Press the heated dry button followed by the normal cycle button, and then repeat once. You should see all of the lights come on for a second or two, and then the dishwasher will work again.

If you haven't already, take a look under the kick plate in front to see if there is a schematic tucked in there somewhere. Whirlpool has put their diagnostics for specific models on these.

I don't have the specific repair manual for you model.

So, if the above combination does not work here are two more that have worked for me.

HiTemp Wash + Air Dry + HiTemp Wash + Air Dry in less than 5 sec
or
Hi Temp Scrub/Scour + Air Dry + Hi Temp Scrub/Scour + Air Dry in less than 5 sec

Let me know how you make out and if you have any other questions. I'll be back tonight after 10 pm eastern time.

What ever you do don't run out and buy a new control board right away. I've seen too many of the new boards not fix this issue with these dishwashers. Some even fix it for a month and the same problem comes back.

Bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: Good job Bernie this is what fixed it thanks much. HiTemp Wash + Air Dry + HiTemp Wash + Air Dry in less than 5 sec Bill Smith
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sent to Appliance Experts July 02 3:57 p.m.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------