MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

I have a Kenmore oven model278.4418492. All components are ...

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore oven model278.4418492. All components are operational except the 2 critical baking and broiling elements.    What is the trouble shooting procedure for isolaating the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like you may have a power issue going to the oven. The first thing to do in trouble shooting the problem is reset the breaker to the oven. It is possible that half the breaker is kicked. This is the reason the 120 clock works and the 240 volt elements don't. Reset the breaker and wait five minutes then turn the oven back on.

See if this helps. If not then next thing to do is inspect the wiring to the oven. Look for burnt wire ends or faulty connections. It is not likely that both the elements have failed at the same time. The issue sounds like a power problem to the oven.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. You can still ask me questions even after you press the accept button.

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Will work on this tomorrow. What you have said sounds right. As I recall, one of the "mains" breakers has two parts with the two leads going to each side of it.

More later and I will release the money. I know it is worth more but most of my income is SS.

Many thanks,

Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I enjoy helping people, that is my main reason for being an expert on this site. This also helps me keep on my toes when it comes to diagnosing machines. Without actually seeing the machine adds a degree of difuculty.

Thanks Again for using!