MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

A widow lady at my church purchased a GE refrigerator a ...

A widow lady at my church purchased a GE refrigerator a year ago. From the time that it was delivered it dripped water inside. After 7 times having a GE repairman out to "fix it" they finally gave her another one. It is doing the same thing. The repairman has been out several times for this one. Model # XXXXX Serial #FR773302 What can be done? She would like her money back so that she can purchase another brand.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Where is the water dripping from in the fridge?

Is it dripping on the top shelf in the fridge? Or is it under the pans in the bottom of the fridge?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
On the top shelf. She has opened the door and water splashed out before
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like there is an issue with the defrost water properly draining out of the freezer. If the machine isn't properly leveled the water will leak into the fridge through the air divider. Maybe not all the water, but maybe some of it. This sounds like too much water for there to be a door adjustment issue or a door gasket issue.

I believe that if you ensure that the machine is level, this problem may go away. A way to check this is, open the fridge door, about half way, now let go of it. The door should start to swing closed. If the door swings further open then this is your issue. If the door stays where you left go of it, then it is still possible that this is your issue.

I see this enough to be sure of what i'm telling you. Unlevel fridges. There is only a small hole for the water to drain through. If the machine is tilted any other way other than back slightly, the defrost water will leak and sometimes it will build up a layer of ice in the bottome of the freezer section.

On this model there is a space under the "floor" of the freezer section, so the ice may not be visible until you remove the bottom cover inside the freezer.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about this.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill