MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

I want to paint behind my oven, but it is secured to the ...

I want to paint behind my oven, but it is secured to the floor. How do I remove it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Can I get the model number to the oven?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: It's a Frigidaire ES510.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

If you pull out the bottom drawer and look at the stove you will see the model number down there. That number is XXXXX type of clock control you have on your stove.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Oh, I think it's PLGFZ397GCA.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

If the stove has been sitting in the same spot for a while it is possible that the legs have created divits in the floor. Sometimes this makes it tough to pull out the stove.

Another thing is, there maybe an anti tip bracket on the rear leg of the stove. If there is one there, all you have to do is make sure you pull the stove straight out from the wall. This bracket will make it so if the door on the oven is open and lets say, a kid stands on the door, it won't tip the stove.

Best way to pull the stove out is to open the door, just a little bit. Stand in front of the stove, reach in the oven with both hands facing up. Grab the top of the oven cavity and pull.

Let me know how you make out. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. You can still post questions to me even after you press the accept button.

Thanks Again,

Bill