Glenn
Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
281739

25,000 btu not cooling

Customer Question

just bought unboxed installed in wall everthing works except it is not getting cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: well what can i say i installed this unit in the wall i cut the opening and unboxed it ran 230 to it and hardwired it in to a 20 amp breaker trimed it out and turned it on it blows hot
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

Well what can I say if it's blowing then it's getting 220 volts I guess it's a trip back to the store

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry Glen but your answer was incorrect it seems that in most room air conditioners there is a cardbord piece in the back that keeps it from working until removed but not all come with this however my model did so just taking it back to the store was not correct and there for i can not accept your answer but don't feel alone 9 other tech got this wrong one way or another and the only way i found this was by looking into the back of the air conditier and seeing a yellow tag. but thanks for your help