MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

I have a GE refridgerator (model TBX18LLB) the freezer ...

Customer Question

I have a GE refridgerator (model TBX18LLB) the freezer freezes fine but the lower refridgerator will not get very cold. The fan in the freezer works and the condenser fan works on and off but I think thats the way it is designed-right? Is there another fan that I don't know about that circulates the colds air from the freezer. I have cleaned out all the dirt and lint from the bottom around the condenser. Thanks for your help. Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. There is a design flaw on your machine. I worked with these tbx boxes for years.

I will walk you through step by step on how to "adjust" the air flow to the fridge from the freezer.

Let me know when you have a phillips head screw driver and a flat head.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mr. Bill this refridgerator is at one of our rentals and I am at home right now but i will copy any thing you tell if that is ok. thanks Bill
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

After looking at the manual for your machine, we need to check what compressor you have first. If your compressor on the machine looks like a giant "D" battery, I would look to replace the fridge. If you have a converted fridge, from R12 to R134, then we need to check for a freon issue or a possible defrost issue.

The machine should have a blue sticker on the back that says R134.

If this is the case then there is not air adjustment on this machine. There are two style of this tbx18 machine. One has a completely flat rear freezer wall. This has not air adjustment. The other has an air divider that sticks out from the rear freezer wall. This type has a "special" adjustment you can make to fix the air flow issue.

Give the machine a look when you get a chance and let me know what you find.

We can go from there. Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com!

You don't need to press the accept button until you are happy with the answer with our outcome.

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mr Bill
I will not be able to get to the refridgerator until tomorrow afternoon 7-2-08 but I will get back with you. Thanks
Bill